Novell - Used to login on a campus computer
CougarNet - Your campus portal - includes e-mail, calendar, Enrollment Services information, My Courses, and much more!
CougarView - CSU's learning management system and online course tools
Students can log onto CSU systems using the following username and password information:
- Username: lastname_firstname
- Initial Password: MONTHDAYYEAR (your birth date in MMDDYY
Example: June 5, 1984 = 060584
- Students are required to change their password at the first login
- The same password cannot be used twice
- Passwords require a format of 8 or more alphanumeric
Choosing secure passwords is an important step in safeguarding your data and keeping intruders at bay. Here are a few tips for creating secure passwords:
- Don't use personal information like family names, your address, your occupation, etc.
- Don't use words found in the dictionary. Password cracking programs simply go thru the dictionary looking for a match.
- Don't use keys that are next to each other or repetitive like asdfgh or ajajajaj! Someone looking over your shoulder can remember that.
- Don't use letters only. A combination of numbers and letters is harder to guess.
- Don't write your password on a sticky note and place it on or in your desk.
Examples of secure passwords:
- Put a word inside a word: WOinsideRD
- Use a number instead of a letter – inside becomes 1ns1de
- Use the first letter of each word in a song title: St. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band = splhcb
- Add a number at the beginning, middle or end of any of the above
- Use wild characters: ! % * $ @